It is truly a special time of year. College basketball is underway, college football playoff rankings are up, and the greatest holiday of them all is upon us – Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving brings not one, not two, but three NFL games starting at 12:30 pm EST, giving you a loaded day of pro football. This year features a divisional matchup between the Bears and Lions, a marquee matchup between the Bills and Cowboys, and a rematch from last year’s nightcap between the Saints and Falcons.
In honor of the holiday, the Sneaky Plays Podcast crew decided to highlight both the Classic Sunday slate on DraftKings, as well as take a shot at the three Turkey Day matchups on Captain Mode for DraftKings.
Here’s how it works:
Captain Mode highlights one game at a time and allows you to select players from both teams. You must pick a captain and five flex players.
The captain costs 1.5X their original price, but their points are multiplied 1.5X. For example, a $10,000 player will now cost $15,000. 10 fantasy points will add up to 15 fantasy points. All other players are priced and scored regularly.
Here’s how we think your lineups should look:
Bears @ Lions – 12:30 pm EST
- Captain – Bo Scarbrough – DET – RB – $11,100
Bo is back and looking like the beast he was at Alabama. The young RB is averaging 4.8 YPC in his two games with the Lions and with his QB struggling, he should be the focal point of the offense.
- Flex – Tarik Cohen – CHI – RB – $8,400
- Flex – Anthony Miller – CHI – WR – $5,000
- Flex – Mitch Trubisky – CHI – QB – $9,800
- Flex – Marvin Jones Jr. – DET – WR – $8,000
- Flex – Danny Amendola – DET – WR – $6,600
Bills @ Cowboys – 4:30 pm EST
- Captain – Cole Beasley – BUF – WR – $11,100
Beasley has stepped up in a big way this season for the Bills. The veteran slot receiver has found the endzone 4 times over the last 6 weeks and should have a role carved out for him in a revenge game against his former team.
- Flex – Ezekiel Elliot – DAL – RB – $11,200
- Flex – Randall Cobb – DAL – WR – $7,600
- Flex – Dawson Knox – BUF – TE – $4,400
- Flex – Brett Maher – DAL – K – $4,000
- Flex – Josh Allen – BUF – QB – $10,600
Saints @ Falcons – 8:20 pm EST
- Captain – Michael Thomas – NO – WR – $17,400
Michael Thomas has literally been unstoppable this year. His lowest fantasy output is 16.4 points, and that was back in Week 3 with Teddy Bridgewater as his QB. In other words, he’s worth every penny.
- Flex – Jared Cook – NO – TE – $6,600
- Flex – Russell Gage – ATL – WR – $4,600
- Flex – Wil Lutz – NO – K – $4,000
- Flex – Latavius Murray – NO – RB – $7,000
- Flex – Calvin Ridley – ATL – WR – $8,000
Be sure to tune into the Sneaky Plays Podcast every week for under-the-radar DraftKings picks. And for any lineup-related questions, tag @PlaysSneaky on Twitter.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on games and strategies, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may deploy different players and strategies than what I recommended. I am not an employee of DraftKings and do not have access to any non-public information.
Want More Underdog Stories?
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter for a bite-sized rundown of the best underdog stories in sports!Subscribe Now